1)Kindly give details of the sunnah hairstyle and combing.
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيْم
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
1) The length of the hair of Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) used to be between his ear lobes and shoulders. He used to oil and comb his hair. When combing, he would start from the right side. He used to part his hair. He discouraged combing unnecessarily. (Jam’ul Wasaa’il)
2) The Prophet’s (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) lower garment used to be upto half of his shin, i.e. between his knees and ankles. Hence, that is the best practice. However, the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) did allow one to have his garment upto his ankle. Having one’s garment below the ankles is not permissible. The ankle is the bone that protrudes at the side of the upper part of the foot.
And Allah Ta'ala knows best
Mufti Faizal Riza
Darul Ifta Australia answers questions pertaining to Shariah. Thereafter, some of these questions and answers are placed for public view on www.fatwa.org.au for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. Darul Ifta Australia bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
- The Shariah ruling herein given is based specifically on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.
- Darul Ifta Australia bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
- This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of Darul Ifta Australia.
- Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited. Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other contents of that website.