Food & Drink
If a takeaway shop fries chips in the same oil they use to fry calamari rings, will it be permissible to eat chips from there?
What if instead of frying calamari rings, they fry non-halal chicken in that oil. Can we eat chips from there?
Can one accept food sponsored by a restaurant that sells alcohol? Can he wear clothing with the restaurant's logo on it for advertisement purpose?
1) As bread dough contains yeast which in result also produces alcohol, but when baked at high temperature, the alcohol vaporises. So is bread halal?
2) Also are all cheeses halaal, like cheddar and mozzarella? If not what ingredient to check when buying cheese?
Is Bundaberg Ginger Beer halal? It is made by brewing and fermentation process and contains 0.2% alcohol.
Some farmers give their cows wine to drink in order to improve the quality of their meat. Is it permissible to eat the meat of such cows?
Is it permissible to eat eels (Hindi/Urdu: baam)? Some people say that it is not permissible to eat them because they live in burrows in sand or mud in the oceans or streams/rivers.
Recent study confirmed that Coke and Pepsi contain minute traces of alcohol – around 10mg per liter, or .0001%. Can we drink coke, sprite and pepsi etc?
Is it permissible to eat vegetarian food cooked and served by non-Muslims?
Although they say it is vegetarian, I have no way to confirm there is no contamination with something else.
Vinegar is halal, but I read one hadith:
Hadith says that Abu Talha asked our Prophet (SAWS) if it was possible to prepare vinegar from wine. Wine was inherited from other people. Our Prophet (SAWS) said something like: "No, get rid of it". Muslim, Tirmizi and Dawood mention this Hadith.
So, if human prepares vinegar from wine, it is not halal. If wine turns to vinegar itself without action from human, it is halal. True or not?
I see vinegar among ingridients in bread, mayonaisse, many other things. I do not know vinegar produced from wine or not. What to do?
_1) In reply to a previous question you said that we can use different essences even though they have alcohol in them. I always avoid food essence as none is without alcohol, what should I do?
2) It is proving to be extremely difficult to get a comfortable shoe without pig leather in any part of it. Is it ok if we buy it then?
_Is it permissible for a heart patient to drink a herbal tea (for heart/BP relief) that has alcohol mixture according to the manufacturer?
Is yeast halal? What is the ruling regarding the yeast used in most dairy creams and cheese products? Also, please advise regarding the yeast used in bakery products?
1) Will an animal be halal if it is stunned before being slaughtered? 2) Is mechanical slaughter of an animal permissible?
A dietary mixture (Liquid Drops) in it pure form contains 30% ethanol which is derived from sugar. The consumer is then required to be add it to water as per the recommended dosage(30 drops approx. 1ml to 250ml water) from the manufacturer. The ethanol content in the water mixture(Ready to drink) is then is 0.12%.
1. Would this be acceptable for Muslim consumption?
2. Would it be permissible if the water volume was increased for example 30 drops to 600ml water which would then reduce the ethanol content to 0.05%?