1) Can we wash the thigh of a mayyit (not the extreme private part) directly with the
hand (without the gloves)?
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيْم
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
1) When giving ghusl to the deceased, it is not permissible to touch the area between the navel to the knees with bare hands. One should wash this area with a rag wrapped around one’s hands or with gloves. (Shaami: 3/100, Darul Ma’rifa)
2) One should clean the mouth and nostrils of the deceased with a wet cloth on one’s finger. In the Fiqh books, there is no mention (that we came across) of which hand should be used for this. However, one may use the left hand for this considering that when doing one’s own wudu, one should use left hand for cleaning the nose.
3) No, there is no need to wash his hands up to the wrist.
4) The khilal of those parts is not compulsory; rather it is praiseworthy.
And Allah Ta'ala knows best.
Mufti Faizal Riza