_Can you please give me some wazeefas for creating love and harmony between husband and wife and for removing friction and disunity between them? Jazakallah
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
Hereunder are several wazeefas (actions) for creating love between the husband and wife and for removing friction and disunity between them:
1) Causing friction and disunity between two Muslims is from the aspirations of Shaitan. Shaitan does not spare anything to achieve this. In order to protect oneself from this, one must protect himself from Shaitan, the accursed, and his influence. Reciting Surah Baqarah is a means of protecting one’s home from Shaitan. If there is disunity and bitterness between the husband and wife, the husband or the wife should make it a habit to recite Surah Baqarah in the house and thereafter to blow on himself/herself and the entire room/house. It comes in the hadith: “In the name of the One in whose hand is the life of Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam), Shaitan cannot remain in a house in which Surah Baqarah is recited” (Kitaab az-Zuhd wa ar-Raqa’iq: 1/609)
2) The Holy Quran should be punctually recited in the home. It comes in the hadith: The house in which the Holy Quran is recited, blessings increase therein, the angels attend it and Shaitan vacates it. And the house in which the Holy Quran is not recited, it becomes narrow upon its dwellers, blessings decrease therein, Shaitan makes it his abode and the angels leave it.” (Ibid)
3) The husband should make it his habit that whenever he enters his house, he firstly offers two rak’ats nafl salat. Similarly when he leaves the house, he should always offer two rak’ats nafl salat. Inshallah, this will also be of tremendous benefit. One person married the wife of Abdullah Ibn Rawaha (radiyallahu anhu) after his death and he said to her, “Do you know why I married you? I married you so that you tell me about the actions of Abdullah Ibn Rawaha (radiyallahu anhu) at home.” His wife replied, “Whenever he intended to leave the house, he would offer two rak’ats. Whenever he entered the house, he offered two rak’ats. Before sleeping, he offered two rak’ats. He made this his habit.” (Kitab az-Zuhd war-Raqa’id: 2/776)
Aisha (radiyallahu anha) says, “Whenever Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) left the house, he left after offering two rak’ats.” (Ibid pg 775)
Therefore, apart from being punctual on the obligatory prayers, one should be punctual on these nawafil (opotional) prayers as well. They will be a means of tremendous blessings in the home.
4) One should habitually recite ‘manzil’ and blow on his house. This will also be of tremendous benefit. You can download ‘manzil’ from our download page (http://www.fatwa.org.au/download.html).
5) One should make dua after reciting لاَ حَوْلَ وَلاَ قُوَّةَ إِلاَّ بِالله (Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illaa billaah) 40 times.
6) After saying يا اَرْحَمَ الرَّاحِمِيْن (Yaa ar-hamar-raahimeen) 500 times or 70 times or 7 times, one should make dua to Allah Ta’ala that O Allah create love between us husband and wife.
Apart from being punctual on the abovementioned wazeefas, one should be particular about fulfilling all the commands of the Shariah and about staying away from sins. One should not engage in anything that draws the wrath and anger of Allah Ta’ala, as one cannot attain any bounty of this world or that of the hereafter if Allah Ta’ala is displeased with him/her. And if, due to being a human, one does engage in a sin, after realizing his mistake he should immediately turn to Allah Ta’ala in repentance seeking His forgiveness.
(See: Mustanad Majmoo’ah Wazaa’if: 517-520)
And Allah knows best.
Mufti Faizal Riza
Darul Ifta Australia
Mufti-Online.net answers issues pertaining to Shariah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on www.mufti-online.net for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. Mufti-Online.net bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
- The Shariah ruling herein given is based specifically on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.
- Mufti-Online.net bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
- This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of Mufti-Online.net.
- Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited. Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other contents of that website.